- Permanent Position in the Glen Huntly area
- Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm or you can work from 8.30am to 5pm
- Experience Purchasing Officer
- Great team culture
About the Company
Our client is a well-known supplier of the finest quality and design of Architectural products. Due to the company’s continued growth, they are seeking a Purchasing Officer to join their team.
About the Position:
- Manage and maintain stock inventory levels to ensure sufficient supply to meet customer needs
- Inventory Control – Review and monitor inventories and order as required
- Ensure continuous supply of stock by monitoring and coordinating with suppliers and resellers.
- Build and maintain good relationships with key suppliers.
- Prepare and manage purchase orders for both local and international suppliers
- Manage stock returns locally and international and prepare paperwork
- Track status of any orders and communicate ETA’s internally with team members.
- Check shipments when they arrive ensure orders have been filled correctly.
- Manage accurate stock counts, item codes and supplier buy codes in the accounting system.
- Assist internal sales team in fulfilling customers’ orders and returns.
- Maintain and control all aspects of the Purchasing function.
- Ensure freight costs on Purchase Orders is reviewed and managed regularly.
- Monitor and manage TCO’s on international items for Custom’s purposes
- High degree of computer literacy and effective communication skills
- Assist warehousing team with picking, packing and dispatching when required
- Ensure effective communication within team and suppliers.
- Manage and monitor customer back orders, assisting with ETA’s back to sales reps.
- Prior experience in similar purchasing environment.
- Great computer skills.
- Great communication and teamwork skills.
- High attention to detail
- Enjoys being hands-on.
- A great work ethic and a positive work attitude.
- Thrive in a fast-paced workplace and has a great ability to multitask.
Immediately start. Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com